top of page


  • How do I know if my child needs or qualifies for services?
    First, we believe that a parent knows their child best. If you feel like your child may need services, give us a call for an assessment. For our licensed programs, qualifications will be based on the child's evaluation from one of our licensed therapist. A child is considered to have an established condition if the child has a diagnosed physical or mental condition, such as genetic disorders, vision impairment, autism, attachment disorder, gestational age less than 27 weeks, and more. A child is considered to have a developmental delay if the child’s development is delayed in one or more of the child development domains: cognitive, physical, communication, social-emotional, and self care.
  • What is Early Intervention?
    Early Intervention provides various supports and services to children up to the child’s 5th birthday who have a disability or delay. For some counties, SEIT works in conjunction with the Child Development Services Agency (CDSA) to provide Early Intervention services. If families are working with their local CDSA, you can request SEIT to provide your child’s services.
  • Where are therapy services provided?
    SEIT believes in the importance of providing services in an environment where your child feels comfortable. Some services are provided in the child’s natural environment, for example at their home, day care, park, library, etc. Services are also provided at the SEIT office which is comfortable and welcoming for your child. SEIT is also a VIRTUAL provider! To better meet your needs, we also offer some services online through a technology device, such as a computer.
  • How often will my child receive services?
    The frequency in which your child may receive service is based upon your child's evaluation and your service payer (i.e. Medicaid, BCBS, TriCare, United Health, etc).
  • What qualifications do SEIT professionals have?
    All licensed therapists at SEIT have passed their required state licensing boards and hold a current and active license. All other professionals at SEIT are required to have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an area related to child development, such as education, early childhood education, psychology, social work, etc. Many therapists have a more than one degree, a Master’s degree, or specialized licenses and certifications. Some therapists also have personal experiences related to what families may be experiencing and utilize that experience while delivering services.
  • Can I have more than one child in the program at the same time?
    Yes! You can enroll multiply children in our programs or enroll in multiple programs! SEIT works with the family to determine which programs are the best fit for your family.
  • How much do services cost?
    SEIT believes that early childhood services can be lifechanging for children. Therefore, we make an effort to make services available to you. If you have concerns about the cost, please contact us to see how we can work together.
  • Do you accept Medicaid?
    Yes! Simmons Early Intervention Therapy accepts Medicaid with our Early Intervention, Developmental, and Speech Therapy programs. In fact, several of the children we work with qualify for FREE services through Medicaid. We can help you in getting your therapy services covered 100% through Medicaid.
  • What information will you need to get started?
    You can contact SEIT via phone, email, fax, letter, or in person with the following information: child’s name, date of birth, address, telephone number, parent name, and reason for the concern. Parental consent is not required to make a referral. Referral sources are encouraged to talk with the parents before referring a child, but it is not required.
  • What happens after a child is referred to the Infant-Toddler Program or the Developmental Program?
    After a referral is made, staff from either the CDSA or SEIT begins assisting the family. We help families understand how the program works and set up an evaluation. The evaluation is used to determine if the child is eligible for the program(s). The evaluations may be done in the child’s home, childcare center, or other environment that the child is comfortable in. The process for Speech Therapy is very similar.
bottom of page